Thursday, February 27, 2014

#TNTConfidential Author Spotlight on Tyler Robbins & Killian's Claim


Happy Thursday, darlings! I can't believe February is almost over! But worry not, I have one last awesome #TNTConfidential author for you! Please welcome Tyler Robbins and her paranormal mm romance Killian's Claim.



Six years ago, Quinn Kelly barely escaped the brutal murder of his parents. Now the lone-wolf is searching for a place to belong. Well aware of his proclivity for men, his nomadic life hasn’t allowed him to find anyone to call his own, until now. 

Wolf-shifter and future alpha of his own pack, Killian Masters wants nothing more than his father’s approval. After meeting Quinn, he’s more determined than ever to make his father see who he is and how deeply he loves. 

Captivated by their growing passion, the young lovers have a rude awakening when the vengeful alpha who murdered Quinn’s parents, finds him, and vows to destroy anyone who gets in his way.

Some say the battle between good and evil is determined by which power is fed the most, but in nature, no power compares to that of an alpha’s claim.
  
Available at:




 Welcome Tyler! Tell us a bit about Killian's Claim.


It’s been a while since I’ve had a full length book to release, and I’m thrilled that Killian’s Claim is finally here. Most of my books have been M/M military themed, so my new series, Call of the Wolf, is a fresh and exciting new sub-genre I can’t seem to get enough of.
The first book, The Becoming, is featured in the Alpha’s Claim Manlove Anthology from Evernight. The story intrigued my muse and opened up a whole new world full of sexy, paranormal wolf-shifters. 
 The Call of the Wolf series follows the lives of several wolf packs across the state of Texas and a few other southern states.
Their species lives by a strict code, and heed the call of the spirit wolf in all things, including matters of the heart. Not an easy undertaking when you’ve been told your sexuality goes against the laws of nature … or does it? 

Change is coming, and each pack will inevitably have to make choices that will either strengthen or destroy their way of life. 

The characters in Killian’s Claim, face these problems as well, but they have so much more than wolf spirits to deal with.



Where did the inspiration for this story come from?
Killian’s Claim was inspired by a short story I wrote for Evernight Publishing’s Anthology, Alpha’s Claim Manlove Edition. After the story had unfolded, I knew right away that more stories would soon follow, and the Call of the Wolf Series was born.


Describe this novel in one sentence.
Some say the battle between good and evil is determined by which power is fed the most, but in nature, no power compares to that of an alpha’s claim.

If you had to pinpoint a flaw in your lead characters what would it be? How about an asset?
Killian’s biggest flaw is that his alpha-ness causes him to forget that Quinn is a strong man, too, and doesn’t want to be rescued. His best asset is patience.

Quinn’s biggest flaw is his inability to put down roots because he’s always been alone. His asset is his desire to be loved, and the sacrifices he’s willing to make for those he does.

What was the hardest part about writing this novel?
The hardest thing about writing this book was making sure Quinn didn’t come off as resistant to being dominated. As an alpha, Killian needed to be the boss, but most of my characters have always been rather equal, having one be a true alpha meant I had to write one a bit more submissive than I usually like to. It was a learning experience for all of us. J

Did you have to do any research to write Killian’s claim?
Absolutely. I’ve never written a book that didn’t require research. Most of what I studied for this story was about animal nature, plants, and geography.

Have you ever suffered from writer’s block? What’s your solution?
I am one of those writers who can, and does, suffer from writer’s block on a regular basis. There’s no tried and true solution, but a whole lot of trial and error. I listen to music, meditate, go for a drive, take a break from the project for a day or so, and even start something new and return to the first one as soon as the juices start flowing again. I also make up my own mock book covers. It’s therapeutic, and gives me a visual aid to gain inspiration.

Is there anything you’d love to try writing but haven’t dared to yet?
BDSM. I haven’t read much of it, but there are all sorts of naughty ideas in my head that are screaming to be shared. I’m thinking that might be a sign.



 
February Love

Valentine’s Day: Yes or no? Why?
Yes, but since I am a widow, and not currently involved, I celebrate it with my kids the way my husband and I always did when they were little. We enjoyed giving the kids gifts and candy much more than giving it to each other. Now the kids are old enough to shop for each other and me, so I get all the candy I could possibly need.

A suggestion for the single ladies and gents out there to do on Valentine’s Day-
Nope. If you love someone, any night can be Valentine’s Day, so why do something special just for one night when you could do it all through the year.

A book to read this month
Anything written by Avril Ashton is gonna get your motor running. She writes enough genres to satisfy anyone’s tastes.

A movie to watch
I’m an action fan, so romance isn’t as easy to suggest. However, I have always loved Robin Hood- Prince of Thieves. (1992)
My kids gave me the DVD to me for my anniversary last October because the theme song by Brian Adams, “Everything I Do”, was the song played at my wedding. <3

Favorite candy to munch on
Anything chocolate!! Especially Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups and Twix

Greatest romantic gesture you’ve done and greatest romantic gesture for which you’ve been the recipient.
The greatest romantic gesture I ever made was to send my kids to my parents, and made a nice, quiet dinner for my just myself and my late husband.
The most romantic gesture done for me was when my husband planned a weekend getaway to a lake resort near our home. We didn’t go far, but for the entire weekend we watched movies, ordered takeout, and relaxed with no kids, no phones, and no stress.
It’s amazing the difference in what you consider romantic before and after kids. 

 



 Keep in touch with Tyler!



How about a sizzling excerpt?

 

He stood frozen in place, fists balled tight and his cock throbbing with ungodly need. He’d never been balls deep inside another man before, but the longer he stood there, the more he wanted it. 

Killian kissed the curve of Quinn’s neck then began to suckle. 

Quinn squeezed his eyes shut. How much more could he possibly take? Chills skittered across his skin causing ripples of goose-bumps to coat his tingling flesh. A sensual moan vibrated in his chest as he shuddered from the thrill of Killian’s touch. 

Killian pulled away and looked him in the eye. “Follow your instincts.”

Quinn took a deep breath then clutched the back of Killian’s neck. “Like this?” No longer able to hold back, he lunged forward, engulfing Killian’s mouth with his while pushing him back toward the sofa. 

Killian tripped over his own feet, and toppled onto the couch. 

Quinn stood over him. His engorged cock jerked as Killian’s hungry gaze zeroed in. He slowly unzipped his jeans, taking his time. He then reached in, squeezed his prick and winced from the ache. His experience with blowjobs had been limited to quickies here and there, and even those were awkward, and over before he’d had time to savor the moment. Getting sucked off by some guy he’d never see again was much different from what was happening now. 

Killian sat up, licking his lips, his gaze still fixated on Quinn’s crotch.
Courage he hadn’t expected suddenly engulfed Quinn as he offered his cock to Killian. “Take it.” 

A devious grin spread across Killian’s face. 

Quinn’s eyes rolled back, and his hips naturally bucked as Killian removed his cock from his jeans. Warm hands gripped it firmly, but not too hard. Quinn sucked air in through his teeth, shuddering as Killian began to stroke him. Slow and easy. Up and down. 

He jolted when Killian took him in his mouth, hot and wet. “Fuck.” Never had anything felt so good. He peered down, then twisted the back of Killian’s hair into his fist, guiding his head back and forth as Killian took more and more of his cock into his mouth. 

Killian gripped the base of Quinn’s shaft, quickening his pace, sucking and stroking simultaneously. 

Quinn’s knees buckled, and he grabbed Killian’s shoulders to steady himself as heat flooded his groin. His cock pulsed, and he struggled to hold off as long as he could. He wanted so badly to lose his load in Killian’s mouth, but doing that would end the pleasure far too soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.