Monday, February 10, 2014

My Writing Process...

Happy Monday my darlings! Today I've got something a little different, but before I continue, if you only have time to visit the Evernight Love Scene Blog Hop then please head here

 Otherwise, welcome to My Writing Process! I got invited by the lovely Shehanne Moore (pictured on the right here) to participate in this bloghop/tour/quest/thing. You can read her post Here.

You might remember Shehanne from her visit back in January with a group of thieves... or because she's my doodle buddy.

Well, Shehanne asked me to take a part in this, and how could I resist? I'm to answer the questions below and then nominate three other victims, I mean, authors, who will, in turn, write about their own writing process next Monday, February 17th.

Here we go:

1)     What am I working on? I'm currently finishing up book 3 of The Witches' Mischief series. Soussanna the witch and her daughter Morgana again meddle to give some love birds a little help. However, Conall has some things to forgive before he can take his women back. (And no error on the plural there in women *wink*)

 Book 1 is The Golden Cock and Book 2,  which just released last week, is Blind Beauty!

www.elyzabethmvaley.com

2)     How does my work differ from others of its genre?  As erotic romance novels, there's always going to be the usual elements that define the genre but there's also going to be more... Each plot is different from the next, each character is different from another... We're all humans but we're not all the same and neither are the stories I write. Expect the unexpected. *Smiles*


3)     Why do I write what I do? Because I love it. I wish I could give you a magnificent explanation full of adventure and heart-stopping moments, but there's none of that. Fantasy and romance are my two favorite genres.  I love writing about love in all its forms, I love imagining and getting lost in new worlds and I'm a sucker for happy endings. Mix all three of them and you've got a happy Elyzabeth.


4)     How does your writing process work? Writing process? That exists? Wait, give me a minute to think... Let's see... nope... I don't think you can say I have an actual writing process. Depending on what I'm working on I'll make character profiles, or not, I'll outline the story, or not, I'll write 5000 words one day and only 1000 the next, or not, I'll stay up until 3am to finish a chapter, or not... so on and so forth. Humm, now that I think about it, there's one thing that I always, always do when I write: let my muse run wild and grin like a fool while I'm out with the dog!




Next Monday make sure to pay these 3 lovely ladies a visit! 

Carlene Love Flores is a big fan of the stars (especially Orion), honest music (especially Depeche Mode), and her travelling family (no favorites there-she loves them all). These things have always inspired her to think up edgy, intimate love stories and continue to do so. If she could touch someone’s heart with her writing the way others have done for her, she’d say truly there never lived a luckier girl. http://carlenelove.com/

Nikki Prince is a mother of two, who’s always had a dream to be a published author in the romance genre. Her passion lies in raising her children as readers, gaming, cooking, reading and her writing. Her mother can now breathe easy about the child who used to get in trouble because she was hiding books everywhere and reading when it wasn’t appropriate.
Nikki’s a multi-published author with several epublishing houses. She loves to write Interracial romances in all genres, but wants to let everyone know to not box her in, because there is always room for growth.

Nikki’s also a member of Romance Writers of America National chapter (http://www.rwa.org) and OCC/RWA local chapter (http://www.occrwa.org) and is a member of the board as Co-Programs Director.  She is also a member of the online chapter Passionate Ink RWA. Http://www.authornikkiprince.com


R. Brennan is a multi-published author or erotica and erotic romance. She’s a subbie brat with a bitch streak, an IT geek for the state of New York, and reformed gaming addict living in the rolling hills of Upstate NY. (You know, where it takes a ten minute drive to buy a gallon of milk, and the smell of cows lingers on the breeze.)

The truly brave are welcome to follow her blog:http://bexbooknook.wordpress.com or stalk her on twitter: 
@bexbrennan Often NSFW but usually entertaining. http://rbrennan.weebly.com

8 comments:

  1. Elyzabeth...I adore your writing process!!! And your dog is so cute. See you next week and thank you for inviting me to play.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlene! My chaotic writing process *grin* I look forward to seeing your post next Monday! <3

      Delete
  2. Elyzabeth...I bet you doodle. Loved the post and love the sound of your WIP doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mention that, did I? There's definitely time to doodle too! Thanks sweets! <3

      Delete
  3. I love how the muse runs with you, fresh and wild. Dog walking is a great way to get past a blockage. Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post Elyzabeth. Beautiful dog :-)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.