Thursday, September 11, 2014

#TNTConfidential Author Interview with Tamsin Baker and First Bite #MMF #historical #vampires #romance


Sigh, vampires. Who doesn't love these creatures of the night? I know I do and so does today's guest, Tamsin Baker. I've interviewed her and discovered what's to love about her latest release,  MMF regency romance, First Bite.

 
Can two possessive and passionate vampire's make a relationship work with the one human they are both destined to love?
Benedict’s boring existence as a London gentleman is called into question the night he meets Lina, the madame of a local brothel. Under her dominance he finds pleasure so sweet he is hungry for more, but he is not the only one with an appetite to fill.
Lina entices the beautiful Benedict into her dungeon only to discover that he is her blood mate. Fear fills her as she enters the unknown, yet the lure of perfect bliss is too much.
Antony, Lina’s long time friend and lover finds Lina and Benedict and cannot help joining in the sexual bliss. Disaster strikes for the tortured hero when he too learns he is Benedict’s blood mate. He must face a past that still devastates him and find a way to make their ménage work.
 
Available at: Amazon || Evernight
Welcome again to In A Dream Beyond, Tamsin! It’s always great to have you, especially when you bring such delicious reads. Today you’re here with a vampire ménage, First Bite. What inspired this novel?

This was one of the most organic and weirdest stories I’ve ever written. I started writing it as a M/F vampire story for a submission call, and made it Regency set with female Domme elements- just because I liked them at the time. After the first ten thousand words one of my friends dared me to make it a ménage, so I brought in another male, and because I love M/M love, it turned into a MMF story.

Did you have to do any particular research?

Sort of. I’ve always read Regency novels and had done a little research into BDSM  by talking to other authors  and  a real life Domme.

Can you tell us what your writing process is usually like?

It has changed a lot over the past two years, but when I wrote this one, I wrote it all over the place. Whichever scene came to me, wrote, then would jump backwards and forwards. I usually write the sex scenes and the fight scenes first, then fill in the middle. I ‘vomit’ write a first draft, then go back and layer at least once.

It was my first real ménage and I remember getting to a scene and wondering why it wasn’t working. Thanks to some great help from other authors, I realized that scene  was in the wrong pov, and  didn’t have all three people’s pov.

There are a lot of vampires out there… why are we going to love the threesome from First Bite best?

Probably because it’s quite different. You don’t usually get a male and female vampire sharing a male human. Plus these vamps are beautiful and a little tortured- especially Antony. My favorite type of hero!

Time for a confession… Is it me, or do you have a thing for vamps? *wiggles eyebrows* (For readers that haven’t heard, Tamsin has a sexylicious historical vampire ménage series.) What do you like about them?

I definitely used to!  I wrote this story first, then the trilogy after that J theres something super sexy about blood sucking, super strong, amazingly erotic, immortals.

If you were a vampire, what’s the first thing you’d do?

Definitely find some one to feed on. What else? ;)

Finally, books allow us to dream and this blog is all about dreams… so, please tell us, what’s your dream?

To be able to write full time and give up my day job. That would be a dream come true.

Heating up the cool: September quickie

Favorite color: PINK!

Favorite scent: hmmmm my man’s deodorant.

Favorite food: chocolate… lasagna.

Favorite song: Let it go!

A book to read this month:

Complete this phrase: Keep Calm and suck something tempting J

What you look forward to this month: the release of my first MFM novel! Vet on the prowl J

 
About Tamsin
Tamsin Baker is an Aussie girl who just discovered erotic romance ten months ago. Before that, she would read sexy romance, skipping the plot and looking for the all the naughty bits. Since then, she has written erotic romance and erotica novels of varying length and has had thirty published (so far!). She absolutely loves reading and writing! She has two other jobs, including kids and a hubby too – but writing is a passion that she has to indulge for fear of insanity. M/M is a passion of hers so even when she writes ménage, there is always an M/M story. She particularly enjoys writing female dommes, but she loves experimenting in all genres. Tamsin is learning to write and read more one step at a time. Soon, she’ll have stories published in every sub-genre of erotic romance – well that’s her aim anyway!

 
Author Links:



~~ ~ Excerpt ~~ ~

Lina focused on pushing her hunger for Benedict’s blood down to a less rampant level. She wanted to play with her prey for a little while first.

“Walk over to the wooden step to your left.”

Benedict turned his head and located the piece of equipment she was talking about. She sensed his fear inching up a notch but he did what she said.

Lina watched him move, feeling his emotions as though they were her own. He was naturally confident, strong and sure of himself. She would make him submit to her and in it he would find the greatest pleasure.

“Lay across the bench. Reach over as far down as you can.”

His eyes flashed a little, mutiny gathering in their yellow flecks.

“Lina, I’m not going to…”

“You will do as I tell you to, Benedict.” She placed a soft blanket over the wood to protect his pelvis, then she pointed at the bench expectantly. She could make him, she was far stronger, but this type of pleasure had to be accepted willingly, there was no other way.

“Will you hurt me?”

She flashed him a smile no one had ever resisted.

“Yes, but I will not harm you. If you yell stop, I’ll stop.”

His eyes narrowed as he replayed her words. She held his gaze, then pointed again.

He sighed but lay over the wood, his buttocks high, round and firm.

Lina groaned at the sight. What a magnificent specimen of a human male.

She knelt on the floor quickly to tie his ankles and wrists to the four separate legs of the bench, spreading him wide. Lina then stood and removed the annoying barriers of her dress, chemise and shoes.

Clad only in her garter belt and silk stockings, she pressed herself against Benedict’s ass, her wet pussy aching for release.

“Fuck…Lina!” Benedict struggled against his bonds, too strong for a mere human to break free from.

“Such a nice ass you have, Benedict and not a mark on it. Would you like me to spank you?”

He was silent as she reached between his legs and cupped the heavy sac.

“Perhaps.”

The teasing tone of his response made her smile. She loved his cheekiness.

She controlled her swing, and spanked him: twice on his left cheek and four times on the right. He cried out on the last touch, so she leaned forward to kiss the pink skin.

“Did you like that, my pet?”

She ran her hands down the back of his powerful thighs and up his ass once again.

“I don’t know.”

Lina smiled again. An honest response, how pleasantly unusual.

“I need something more.”

Using speed a human couldn’t see, Lina chose a riding crop from the wall and was back before Benedict realized she had gone.

“I think you are a good man, Benedict, but also a very bad boy. Shall I use my riding crop on you?”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.