Monday, September 29, 2014

5 Medieval facts that inspired The Mercenary Tales #erotic #romance #historical



Good morning, lovelies!


One of my favorite time periods is the Medieval Era, and this love of mine helped shape the background for The Mercenary Tales. Today, I’d like to share with you a few interesting facts I discovered while researching the time period.



1. Bath houses often functioned as brothels 


2. Today, most people think of death as something horrible, but back in the day, it was considered something that would lead to eternal happiness. The moment of death was crucial. 





3. Noble women hunted too. 

http://www.bl.uk/catalogues/illuminatedmanuscripts/ILLUMIN.ASP?Size=mid&IllID=29073


4. Flutes, ocarinas, lutes, trumpets, drums… music and musical instruments were varied in the middle ages.





5.Though carriages were uncomfortable, roads rudimentary, and dangers of robbery real, people still traveled. 



 The Mercenary Tales is a series that can be read as stand alone novels. They're available at Evernight Publishing, Amazon, All Romance Ebooks and more retailers. 

*(The pictures were taken during my visit at the Stockholm Medieval Museum. I recommend a visit!)*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.