Tuesday, September 16, 2014

#TNTConfidential Character Interview with Stefan from Wicked Flower by Carlene Love Flores @CloveFlores #mfromance #rock


Allow me a moment to squeal and get all excited, readers! Today I have a rock star coming to visit. He has a voice the likes of dark honey dripping over barbed wire and looks beyond yummy. His black hair is just long enough for fingers. Those chocolate brown eyes and golden tanned skin spell out sexy. But, it’s the tattoo inked on the inside of his thigh that says it all: WICKED. (Not that he’s shown up to the interview without pants. Elyzabeth, I have no idea how you’re going to explain knowing about that tattoo…wink)

Hi Stefan, thank you for coming. How are you? Estoy muy bien, cariño. More importantly, how are you doing this evening? Carlene tells me you’re a real sweetheart. I like that. But I was checking out some of your book titles and, ahem, I think you have some explaining to do. Or maybe a private reading in exchange for this interview.


What do you like best about being a musician? Getting to talk to and tease excited, squealing young women such as yourself never gets old. And I can think of worse things than making music with my best friends and traveling around the world making people happy.

They say rock stars don’t follow rules…how do you feel about rules? Oh, I like them. A lot. Games wouldn’t be much fun without rules to break. I’m sitting here hoping you agree. You do agree, don’t you Miss Elyzabeth?


Does Sin Pointe have any rules? Sure we do. But I can’t share, cariño. If I did, I’d have to make you swear to secrecy and I sorta promised Carlene I’d be on my best behavior tonight. Contrary to the image, I have a lot of respect for you ladies. I do try to be nice. Most of the time.


Do you have a lot of groupies? I’ve recently read that bass players are the most ignored group members in a band, but then again, you’re also the singer so I don’t think this really applies to you… does it? Define a lot. Oooo, sweet Elyzabeth. This is a damn sticky question that could get me sent to the dog house but for you, I’ll do my best to answer. There are many Sin Pointe groupies. God, you gotta love their passion. I, however, am no longer “having” them. But ignored? Me? Nope. I can honestly say that is not one of my problems.


Groupies aside, I hear you’ve met a girl. A special girl… Yes, let’s thank the groupies but keep them off to the side. Because yeah, you caught me. There is a special someone I have my eye on.

What makes her different from other women? That very thing you just asked me about. Being ignored. She has this crazy ability to blow me off. Just walk away, like that. It stings like hell, but I love it too. And I won’t lie, she’s smart to do it. My track record with relationships is pretty much non-existent.


How do you plan on seducing her? Well, our first encounter was a hot mess and didn’t have the ending I was hoping for. She wants those rules you mentioned earlier. She’s got this gorgeous smile. I see it every time we get a second alone and I tease her. But then she pulls away and reminds me about this crazy deal we made to be just friends. I’ve never had to think so hard about seducing a woman in all my life. She, uh, she’s a good girl, though. No matter what anyone in this small town thinks. I guess my plan is to try and be good too for a change. And if that doesn’t work, I’ve seen her checking me out in my white sleep pants.


If you could do anything differently in your life, what would it be? Wow. I wasn’t expecting that one. Good for you, sweetheart. You know what? I used to be a real dick and say to interviewers that unless we were screwing, the shit I’ve done in the past shouldn’t be any of your concern. I’m trying not to be that ass anymore and you’re way too sweet for that crap. There are plenty of things I could do better the second time around. If I had to pick just one, I’d say to have stuck around and been a better son. When Carlene let me know she was ready to take down my story, that was the first thing we talked about. Mi Mama. I guess it’s why the book starts with me finally going back home to her. Running into my “special friend” along the way is just the icing on the cake.

What is your idea of perfect happiness? Being kissed by someone who doesn’t close their eyes. No shame. No regrets. Shit, was that too sappy? I don’t know what it is about you, sweet Elyzabeth, but I’d probably tell you just about anything right now. Good thing this was the last question. Wait, does that say quickie down there? Are you trying to get me in trouble, woman? It’s on…

Heating up the cool: September quickie

Favorite color: Red as in hair, lips, thong

Favorite scent: Woman

Favorite food: Dani’s Chicken Curry. I can’t believe we almost got in a fight over this dish.

Favorite song: Currently digging KOL’s “Don’t Matter”. All-time favorite “Touch the Hem of His Garment” Sam Cooke.

A book to read this month: “The Music Lesson: A Spiritual Search for Growth Through Music” by one of the greats, Victor Wooten.

Complete this phrase: This is for my boy, Will: Keep Calm and Bang a Drummer

What you look forward to this month: Football! I’m in Nashville now so Go Titans.

Hey, thanks for the questions, sweetheart. Remember, be good. But if you can’t be good, be the least bad you can be. Freaking Thomas More. Genius.



~Editor’s Pick


Sin Pointe front man Stefan Calderon is playing a very dangerous game and his mom’s live-in caretaker, Dani Foster, just landed right smack in the middle of it.

Practically strangers when Stefan rolls into his small hometown looking to patch things up with Mom, his and Dani’s worlds collide with a hot and intense hook up. He knows right away this woman will make the perfect partner for his two weeks in town. But when she realizes whose son he is, and what he’s there to do, sexy times come to an abrupt halt.

That is until they come up with a solution. Rules. Every game needs them. The question isn’t if they’ll break them, but when and how hard.

It’s a wickedly delicious game, one neither of them intends to lose.

Thanks for letting me share with you today. If you’d like to spend more time with Stefan, you can find Wicked Flower at these lovely places:


Wanna add Wicked Flower to your Goodreads Shelf? You rock and thanks! https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23121017-wicked-flower

About Carlene:
Carlene Love Flores is a big fan of the stars (especially Orion), honest music (especially Depeche Mode), and her traveling family (no favorites there-she loves them all). These things inspire her intimate style of romance writing. She feels honored to be a member of Washington DC Romance Writers (WRWDC), Romance Writers of America and the Waterworld Mermaids. Carlene currently lives in the San Diego area where she can often be found listening to live music and looking up at the sky on clear nights.  If she could touch someone’s heart with her writing the way others have done for her, she’d say truly there never lived a luckier girl.  

Find Carlene Here, she’d love to hear from you:








2 comments:

  1. Awww, it looks like Stefan did as I asked and was nice, mostly. ;-) Thanks so much for putting up with him, Elyzabeth! We both send our love to you and your readers. And Stefan sends a little extra. XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Stefan! I grin every time I hear his name. He was a sweetheart. You are both more than welcome back on the blog any time, Carlene! Hugs and kisses to you both! :***

      Delete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.