Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Wednesday Brief: Pretty Boy 6 #wednesdaybrief #writingprompt #malemale #romance

Happy Wednesday!

Welcome back to another Wednesday Brief. Jay and Josh's story continues.

You can find the last chapter here.  

Enjoy and don't forget to visit the other briefers!





Pretty Boy6
“Hello Josh.”

The fine hair on the back of Josh’s neck tingled. He swallowed. He wanted to say something but his tongue was glued to the roof of his mouth. 

“To what do I owe the pleasure of your call?”

Anthony’s voice washed over him. It hadn’t lost that deep, seductive timbre that made his knees go weak.

“Anthony,” Josh said.

Though it was little more than a whisper, he knew the other man had heard him when his rich laughter sounded on the other side of the phone.

“It is you.”

“Yes, I-I need your help.”

Anthony’s laughter doubled.

“You just blew my mind,” he said. “You’re calling me, for help? What’s gotten into you?”

“Anthony, listen.”

“No, you listen to me, Josh. You left me and vanished and now you’re calling me because you need my help. You expect me to drop everything and go to you?”

“No.”

“In any case, what did you do? Mate with someone accidentally?”

Silence stretched between them. Anthony let out a string of courses.

“Damn it, Josh. You’ve done just that, haven’t you?”

“Yes,” Josh whispered, feeling ashamed.

“And what do you want me to do?”

“I need your help. You’re the only one that knows how to stop this.”

Josh bit on his lip. He could hear the metallic cling of Anthony’s ring against the table. He knew that sound. It meant Anthony was deep in thought, trying to figure out what he could gain from the situation. That much hadn’t changed.

“All right, Josh. I’ll help you,” came the voice from the other side.

“You will?”

“Yes.”

Josh clenched his hand into a fist. He wanted to ask what the price would be, but in his current predicament he couldn’t risk offending Anthony.

“Aren’t you going to ask me what the price will be?”

“No,” he said softly.

Anthony chuckled. “Fair enough. You’ll discover it eventually.”

The clink of the ring reverberated again. “Anyhow, pretty boy, I have to get back to work. We’ll do dinner tonight at eight. My place.”

“I can’t tonight,” Josh blurted.

“No? That’s a shame. Guess I won’t be able to help you then. Bye, Josh.”

“No, wait, Anthony.” Josh closed his eyes and sighed. Jay would kill him. “I’ll be there.”

“Perfect.”

Josh lowered his phone as the line went dead. He couldn’t believe he’d agreed to see Anthony again. Not only that, but at his place. Josh ran his fingers through his hair. He took in a deep breath. His stomach churned.

“Fuck,” he whispered under his breath.

Last time he’d been to Anthony’s things hadn’t ended well. Anthony had wanted more than he’d been willing to give and they’d gone their separate ways. Josh squeezed his eyes as realization dawned on him. Karma was a bitch. In a way, he’d done the same with Jay. He’d imprinted himself on him without his consent. Granted, it had been accidental, but still. Fuck. There had to be a way out of this mess. There just had to be a way to get his life back together, right? 


TO be continued...
 ********
Don't forget to visit the rest of the briefers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.