Saturday, June 6, 2020

Weekend Writing Warriors from Untitled WIP #paranormal #vampire #romance

Happy Sunday!

Is anybody else shocked it's June already?

I should have already finished my WIP by now, but I haven't. I feel like a need a kick in the butt, so I've decided to post an excerpt from my WIP and hopefully, that way, you guys will pressure me to finish the story. LOL

In other news, I've started doing author takeovers on my Facebook group. If you'd like to promo an old or new story, sign up here: Spreadsheet

And also, something I do for fun is record myself reading an excerpt of a book for 1 minute. You can watch the videos by clicking here.  If anyone is interested in me reading their excerpt, drop me an email at elyzabethmvaley@gmail.com.

Have a great day!
Ely

     

~~~~~~

“Name?”

“Oliver Brooks.”

The receptionist tapped into the computer and pursed her lips.

“It says here your last visit at a clinic was about a month ago, and it wasn’t this one. Why have you decided to change locations?”

Oliver clenched his teeth before plastering a fake smile on his face. The woman sneered in distaste at the sight of his fangs.

“I decided I needed a change of airs. As far as I know, going into a different clinic isn’t prohibited.” He arched an eyebrow.

“No, but it’s my job to ask.”

Oliver nodded.




 ~~~~~~
 
Read more awesome Weekend Writing Warriors snippets at www.wewriwa.com 

6 comments:

  1. Very curious as to what kind of clinic he's visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll kick your butt if you kick mine. lol I should've finished my wip a long time ago. How did June sneak up on us???

    good snippet. You raise questions, starting with why change clinics?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A tense way to begin his visit, whatever he's there for. The snippet was very effective, raised all kinds of questions for me and made me want to keep reading definitely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've got me wondering what is the significance of changing clinics? Why does anyone care?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh! I'm intrigued about this world you're building! Sink your teeth in and get busy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's intriguing! What kind of clinic, why did he change clinics, and the receptionist's distaste at the sight of his fangs? Vampires and humans live side by side, unless she's not human?

    Sheesh, lol. So many questions. Good job, Elyzabeth. Now write faster!!!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.