Saturday, June 20, 2020

Weekend Writing Warriors from Untitled WIP #paranormal #vampire #romance

Happy SUnday, everyone!

Progress on the WIP is going slow. I'm overwhelmed with work, my internet connection got busted and I've been trying to figure out my taxes. *shudder*

I'm continuing the snippet from where we left off last week. I'm thrilled you guys are enjoying it and that thought is making me want to work on the story.

Have a great day!
Ely

     

~~~~~~

She sat at the far end of the room, gaze glued to her smartphone and foot shaking nervously, a black backpack at her feet. Oliver smirked. She was a newbie. He could almost taste her anxiety from here. Her blood pumped quickly making her cheeks flush and her breath come out in short, quick spurts. He made his way to her side of the waiting area. As he walked by, she lifted her gaze, their eyes locking for a brief instant before she hurried to look away.

New and shy. She definitely didn’t look like a criminal and she also appeared to not want to be here. So, the question begged to be asked, what was she doing here?

His interest piqued even further, he sat across from her and waited.


 ~~~~~~
 
Read more awesome Weekend Writing Warriors snippets at www.wewriwa.com 

10 comments:

  1. Very intriguing! Why is she there for the vampires?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charmaine Gordon: June 20, 2020 at 8:58 PM I do hope she will find a way to move on. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He certainly finds her . . . tasty and so is this scene. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good details and I thought this was an intriguing snippet. I'll definitely keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made me feel her nervousness, her tension and anxiety. He seems calm, yet intrigued. Good juxtaposition. Like you, the comments have made me want to continue working on my wip. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Though these two say a single word to each other, you manage to make their non-verbal communication clear and interesting. That's rare and quite a feat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, that surely seems like a bad place to be! But very interesting, to be sure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My interest is piqued too - great snippet! Can't wait for more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a great description of her emotions. I especially liked how you snuck in the sense of taste. I wonder what's causing such anxiety.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice descriptions, Ely. I am curious how he'll handle his next move. He seems pretty practiced and smooth. She--not so much. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.