Sunday, January 25, 2015

#8Sunday #SexySnippets #WeekendWritingWarriors: Luna



Happy Sunday, lovelies!

Today I’m continuing with the story I started last week (you can read that here). Thank you for all your comments and encouragement. I did not include the sound she heard to keep to editing guidelines, but I'll make sure to keep it when I get to the final draft *smile*
When I wrote today’s snippet I knew for certain who the creature was, but now, things might have changed. Ah, these characters with a mind of their own!

I'd love your thoughts.

XOXO,
Elyzabeth


*creative editing to keep to the guidelines has taken place*
#SexySnippets and #8Sunday Sentences  


 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Clare lost track of time and her surroundings as she inevitably followed the sound she wanted to ignore.  It was a call she’d been trying to forget for years, one that had caused her nothing but grief. A call she could not deny as much as she could not hide the moon shaped mark on her shoulder.

Abruptly, everything became quiet and she froze.  The hairs on the back of her neck stood and her knees started to shake. Someone was watching her. She wrapped her arms around herself, wanting to run but unable to do so as a creature emerged from behind the thick trunk of an oak.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~



More Weekend Writing Warriors? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

More Sexy Snippets? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter


13 comments:

  1. So well written, you kept the suspense going 'til the end and then the readers screams, "I want to know more."

    ReplyDelete
  2. You kept me at the edge of my seat with this snippet, Elyzabeth. Don't we just love when characters have a mind of their own. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kiru! Yeah, we gotta love them or else... LOL

      Delete
  3. Yikes! The hairs on the back of my neck are sticking up too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now of course we want to know about the creature! I'm on the edge of my chair, along with the others...excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohh, who is the creature? Such a tense and exciting snippet :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Such a tense snippet. I can't wait to learn more about the creature. And if you don't mind, can I make one little suggestion. The word inevitably in the first sentence feels awkward to me. Just my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess! And thanks for the suggestion! It´s more than welcome :)

      Delete
  7. Loved this snippet. Its a real tease to read on, nicely done. I wonder what she discovers? Apologies I couldn't comment yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daisy! And don´t worry about the "late" comment, sometimes I take days to get to snippets too.

      Delete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.