Wednesday, October 9, 2013

TnT Confidential: Bethany-Kris and A Mile High

*If you're here for the Evernight Birthday Bash Click Here - but Bethany is a new EP author, why not discover her novel since you're here. *smile*

Hello lovelies! Today I have a brand new shining author visiting. Her name is Bethany-Kris and she's here with her first published novel, A Mile High. Let's give her a warm welcome!


A Mile Highby Bethany-Kris

Hello! Thanks for having me on your blog today and giving me the chance to talk about my first ever release. A little information on the book first, and why it came to be… A Mile High was product of my stressful work, upcoming vacation that wasn’t going to be arriving nearly soon enough, and my very hectic house. In the midst of all that chaos, I wanted to write about someone—Olivia—who also found herself wrapped up in just about everything except herself, and was in desperate need of a vacation.

This short, fun, and sexy novella ended up being the product of my overworked mind. It gave me the chance to escape into two characters who gave random circumstance the chance to take over and see where it went. Imagine my surprise and excitement when Evernight Publishing said yes to my submission for it. I do hope it catches your eye.


Summary: Olivia wants a vacation, that’s all, but when the airline screws up her plans for a week getaway to the beautiful Barbados, instead putting her on a new path that intertwines with the handsome, funny, and charming Sal, she can’t say no to his offer of joining the mile high club. Their meeting is explosive, attraction intense, and when the flight ends, Olivia is unwilling to part ways but unable to voice her wants. Still, fate is at work with its own plan, and where it finishes just might not be where it ends up.

There’s nothing quite like sex at a mile high.

Get your copy at: 


****

Excerpt:
“Doubt it,” Sal put in quietly. “Pilot’s all ready to go, we’re away from the gates, and there’s another plane bussing in to take off behind us right now, probably. We’re taking off. Her friend will likely give her some Gravol, set her up in their little section there, and we’ll be on our way. 
A quick, vague apology sounded over the plane’s announcement system, informing the passengers it would be another minute before takeoff. Given I had a bit of time to do whatever, I decided to use the bathroom. Excusing myself from our comfortable little cubby, I made my way through to the back of the plane, ignoring the questioning gazes of other passengers in coach who were likely wondering what had happened up in first class.
In the panic-worthy, small as hell bathroom, I washed my face and hands, checking my face out in the mirror as a ding sounded above me. I looked up to see the seatbelt sign had appeared just as the pilot’s voice sounded over the speakers, asking everyone to buckle up and ready for takeoff.
Making my way back to my seat as quickly as possible, I had just moved in to sit down—Sal drawing in his stretched out legs to let me through—as the plane jerked forward. I yelped under my breath, trying to catch myself but between the black, peep-toe pumps with a four-inch heel on my feet, and the sudden movement, I ended up on something warm…and hard. Something that breathed, chuckled, and touched me. 
Sal.
My brown hair created a curtain over my face. Huffing a breath and blowing strands out of my line of vision, Sal laughed in my ear, rocking both our bodies. I felt his hands skim above my knees where the flimsy material of the skirt I wore had risen up. Gooseflesh pebbled at the motion and I tried hard not to shiver when fingers grasped tightly to my legs.
“You okay?” he murmured. “Because I think you’re just fine.”
I nodded, trying really hard not to be embarrassed. I didn’t want to show how turned on I was by his palms to my flesh and the suggestive tone to his words. “Yeah, just surprised. I’m so—”
“Don’t be,” he interrupted, voice turning huskier than I expected. “Unless you plan on moving, that is.”
Teeth cut into my bottom lip as I fought the urge to exhale harshly. “I have to. We’re just about to take off, right?”
The dismissive sound he made under his breath didn’t help the lust raging through my senses. Those warm hands of his skimmed a little higher under my dress, making me groan quietly, grinding my backside shamelessly against his jeans when he whispered, “You ever join the mile-high club?”

Where to buy:





Author info: Bethany-Kris is a twenty-three year old Canadian author, lover of much, and mother of two young boys, two cats, and two dogs who works more than she should, writes when she can, and loves every moment of it. Find her on Twitter, Facebook, and Blogger

2 comments:

  1. That was hot. Love the excerpt. Wishing you continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cover is gorgeous, and the excerpt was Hot! i can't wait to see what happens next. :)

    tammy ramey
    trvlagnt1t@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.