Tuesday, March 19, 2013

T'nT's Confidential: Morgan King

Please welcome author Morgan King and her regency ménage Duty to Love!


 A craftily worded contract and fate finds Arthur, Earl of Hentonury, having to marry not the lady he expected but her younger sister Amelia, the woman he knows his brother James loves and hoped to marry. Arthur cares for both Amelia and James how can he choose between his love for them and his duty?

James may be the younger son, but he has taken leave from the Army and will fight for Amelia.
Torn between her feelings for two brothers Amelia wishes to marry Arthur but can't bear to lose James.

Is there any chance the three of them can find happiness together? Will duty or love win out?

Morgan King, Author of Duty to Love - Why write Historical Erotic Romance?

I’m sure you weren’t thinking it but at least half the people that I’ve told I’ve just been published and it’s erotic have said, “Ooh like 50 Shades” or “Were you inspired by 50 Shades”. So let me just say I haven’t even read it out of curiosity. I read hundreds of erotic books in a year, but for me personally it hasn’t made the list. I got as far as a flick though in my local supermarket and couldn’t bear to put it in my trolley, next time I intend to slip my business card in it though.

 The only thing I do wonder is Is there a reason for the title as revealed in the story? The question of how you know will be overlooked if you answer in the comments section below!

To answer why I write historical erotic romance, well I love all genres of romance, but have a special tendre for regency stories having been seduced by Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer at a young age. I even named my dog Darcy. My only wish, in relation to Pride and Prejudice, is that it had gone as far as the bedroom, hence my first book/novella Duty to Love is a historical regency romance that is extremely erotic. Why have only one hero if you can have two?

And as a reader some of my favourite stories are ménage tales. I’m a big fan of Shyla Black, Emma Holly, Maya Banks, Lauren Dane and others. For me the challenge is in combining regency and ménage, while making the story believable. I’d love to hear if you think I’ve succeeded…

About Morgan King:
When reading other Author Bios I often identify with what has been said, so yes it is all true for me too: writing and being published has been a lifelong dream (seriously it has, but I’ve been busy doing lots of other stuff especially reading), I also have a day job (helping to create positive change is really important to me so as well as getting involved in lots of community projects I work in Charity Management), I live somewhere beautiful, although not in the US but in the East of England, steeped in inspiring countryside and history, when I’m not at work I’m often being a princess, pirate, monster or whatever takes my four year olds fancy and most importantly I would love to hear from you, this is the first story I’ve shared so if you contact me I’ll probably do a little dance and will certainly smile inside for at least a week before replying.
 morganking@hotmail.co.uk or look for me on facebook.
 
Get in touch with Morgan at:
www.authormorganking.wordpress.com
Twitter: Morgan King @EroticWritings

 
How about an excerpt?

Arthur was in his study but not alone.
The two men must have sensed an intrusion, her approaching presence, for they turned to face her. Their faces became animated upon seeing her, giving smiles so similar she felt the weight of their combined warmth pulling an upwards movement from her own lips.
“James!” she uttered his name on a cry before racing forward and flinging herself into his arms. Unprepared his arms brushed her sides and hung around her back in a low, loose hold.
Sensing his discomfort Amelia shifted back to look at him, then turned to Arthur. Were they upset with her? Now she was to be married to him, was Arthur concerned that she might appear overly familiar with James?
She had thought James might be happy for her and Arthur. She would not be wedded to some stranger, moving to live far away; they could carry on, the three of them, friends as before.
Things weren't the same, though; faced with two men, tension stiffening their postures, expressions equally tight, Amelia realized she had been naive. Marrying Arthur might well mean the end of her friendship with James. They could no longer be frequently in each other’s company, completely at ease with each other, for she would belong to Arthur. A married woman was an entirely different prospect for a friend than a young girl running wild.
When Amelia had imagined James coming back from the Army and herself entering society, she had pictured them enjoying the season together, James, with his dashing good humor, providing light relief from the monotony of town entertainments. Now she would not be having a season, and James, while as dashing as ever, did not appear in good humor.
“I'm sorry, Arthur, I did not think. It's James. You know I would not be so improper with anyone else.” She took a step back from James, glancing at Arthur anxiously.
“Except me?” Arthur's tone sounded pointedly hopeful, and Amelia realized he was teasing her.
Amelia grinned. “Except you.” It used to be that James was the only one who teased her. Even when the three of them had larked around together Arthur had always been the voice of caution, unintentionally acting as a springboard to James and Amelia's rebellion.  Recently Arthur had begun to tease Amelia, and every time he did it added to the feeling of warmth that centered inside her when Arthur was near.
Had James noticed the changes in Arthur?
Amelia turned to look at James just as she felt him tug her back into his embrace. “Come here, you little hellion.”
This time he held her tight, her breasts pressed flush to his chest and his hands cupping her hips. For all their previous play together Amelia had never been held like this before. It was no casual embrace; it seemed full of intent. 
Amelia only realized James' s intent when he leaned down and guided his lips to hers. The initial pressure was fairytale light, unexpected, and led to everything she'd hoped a kiss could be.
It was teasing, playful; his lips glided against hers in subtle movements, retreating then advancing into firmer contact. There was a little nip of teeth and a quick taste with the tip of his tongue.
Amelia let herself be kissed, and she reveled in the flurry of sensations her lips were experiencing. Greedy for more she let her hands roam freely over James's back, tracing the shape of his muscles, over his powerful shoulders to the unclothed skin of his nape.
James's hands tightened on her, pulling her closer, until their hips pressed as close as their chests. Amelia felt breathless, heady. It was a novel sensation. She'd never been one for allowing her corset to be laced too tight. She'd never imagined Arthur could make her feel like fainting.
But, oh God, it wasn't Arthur kissing her. Amelia jerked trying to free herself of James's hold. Arthur was watching her. He was watching her kiss another man. She was kissing her fiancé's brother while he watched.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.