Tuesday, March 26, 2013

T'n'T's Confidential: Anne lange

Welcome to T'nT's Confidential! Today I'm throwing the spotlight on Etopia Press author, Anne Lange, and her contemporary erotic romance, Worth the Risk.



Even the hottest sex might not be enough to ease the pain of the past…
Molly Simpson arrives at a beautiful provincial park, ready to spend the May Two-Four holiday camping with friends. This weekend is the highlight of her year—or it was, until Tanner Daivies showed up. Her high school crush is all grown up, sexy as sin, and he’s demanding answers—answers Molly isn’t sure she can give him. She had her reasons for leaving him all those years ago, but now, sex with Tanner is scorching, and when they’re together, it’s clear they were never meant to be apart. But the past doesn’t want to stay buried, and Molly isn’t sure reliving it is worth the risk…

Welcome to In A Dream Beyond, Anne!
Hi Elyzabeth! Thanks for having me.  I’m excited to be here. 
What’s your latest release about?
Worth the Risk is a reunion story. It’s about two people who grew up in a small town, fell in love and planned a life together.  Things happen, situations change, and relationships fall apart—as did this one.  Ten years later, they are reunited.  He wants to know what happened back then, but she doesn’t want to be reminded.  However, they both realize they can’t stay away from one another.  Sparks ignite, and…
Did you do any research when writing this book? Tell us about it.  
I did do a little bit of research on a medical condition that’s discussed in the story.  I didn’t have to do much, however, because, unfortunately I happen to have personal experience.  I can’t tell you a much more than that because it would give away too much of the story.  L
What is your favorite part of the novel?
I think my favorite part is the scene during the thunderstorm. Personally I love storms.  I just think they’re cool.  The energy is amazing.  I take advantage of some of that during this particular scene.  And if you like hot…well, it gets pretty hot.
Worth the Risk is your first published novel, why did you choose to become an author and what are your goals when it comes to writing?
I have been reading since I was very young.  I’m a voracious reader.  I actually tried writing years ago, but frankly, I sucked.  I’m not a professional writer and don’t have a degree in English or Journalism, but I love to read.   When I hit a crossroads in my professional career, I decided to try again, just for fun.  I was bored that day.  Surprise, surprise, this time my attempt was better. I still didn’t know what the hell I was doing, but I really wanted to try.  So, I started taking on-line workshops and I signed up with RWA. 
I think right from the very beginning of that second attempt I wanted to see if I could create something that could be publishable.  Along the way, I discovered that I love writing and I love learning how to write.  Now, I think that’s my goal.  I want to learn how to write well.  Yes, I want to write more books and I hope people like them enough to buy them and want more, but at the end of the day, I just want to write.  The community I now belong to is awesome!
What are your favorite genres? As a writer, are you inclined toward any one in particular?
My current favorites to read are romantic suspense, erotic romance and some paranormal (shifter) stories.  I occasionally still read a few historical, but it depends on who the author is.  I write contemporary, only because I’m more comfortable in the here and now.  I can’t seem to not write an explicit sex scene, so any story I write will lean towards the bedroom door being wide open for anybody to see, or join in.
Is there any subject you’d refuse to write about? How about the opposite, is there anything you’d love to try writing?
Hmm, good question.  I’m not sure about a particular subject. I do know I don’t want to write certain genres.  Some take a lot more work in creating intricate and complex worlds that I don’t have an interest in doing. That’s just me being lazy. J  I also think there are scenarios or aspects about subjects I couldn’t write about.  For example, I really want to try and write some good BDSM stories, but I need to be careful.  I want to titillate, not put people off.  I don’t like the scenarios that involve heavy humiliation. I’ve read a few pure Master/slave stories – and I mean–crawl on the floor like a dog and lick your boots stuff - I don’t like those.  I’ve also seen men in slave roles and it really turned me off.   I’d never attempt to write that.  Mainly, I don’t want to lean too heavily to the pure erotica side.  I want the romance to be the main focus in my stories, with the sex an added bonus. ;)
In your path to become a published author, what has been the toughest part?
Honestly, finding the time to write.  I work full time outside the home.  Trying to find the right balance between the day job, family, writing and promo has been extremely difficult.  I still haven’t found it.  I tend to focus far too much on the social aspect, and not enough on the work side of it.
What are you currently working on? 
I currently have two series underway.  One is a paranormal romantic suspense and the other is an erotic romance series.  The RS is a completely new thing for me.  As for the ménage, I’ve been working on this particular story for quite some time. It’s almost finished and the other books in that series is where I plan to take the stab at alternative lifestyles. 
Favorite…
Drink to stay awake – Diet Coke
Author (s) – Lorelei James, Suzanne Brockmann, Maya Banks, Catherine Anderson, Lora Leigh, Olivia Cunning, Shayla Black…just to name a VERY few.
Musician –  Nickelback, Daughtry
Book – Apache Flame by Janis Reams Hudson. It’ book 6 in her Apache series and has been out of print for years.  But it’s my absolute all-time favorite – it’s my go-to book.  I smile, I laugh, I sigh, and I cry, boy do I cry, every single time I read this one. 
Time of day DEFINITELY not the morning! 
When you’re not writing you are… probably doing promo, but hopefully reading.
Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate
Silk or velvet? Velvet
Sweet or sour? Sour


Author BIO

Anne Lange grew up with a love of reading. In fact, if you take a close look, she’s got a book with her where ever she goes, and will usually sneak in at least a chapter or ten whenever she can spare a few minutes. She reads many genres of fiction, but prefers to write sexy romance with attractive men, strong females, and always a happily ever after.
While embarking on a career as a romance author, Anne juggles a full time job and a family. She grew up in Southern Ontario (Canada), but now makes her home in Eastern Ontario where she lives with her husband and three children, and Rocky the bearded dragon.

Buy Links

To purchase Worth the Risk:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
All Romance Ebooks
Kobo

Connect with Anne:

Web Page/Blog: http://authorannelange.com/
Facebook Author Page: http://www.facebook.com/AuthorAnneLange

Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/Anne_Lange
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/authorannelange

How about a Sizzling Excerpt?

X-Rate Excerpt–

He groaned. “You’re wet.”

Her cheeks heated at his observation. His tenderness overwhelmed her as he eased a finger inside, leisurely pumping it in and out. Pleasure zinged along her nerves. When he withdrew, she mewled at the loss until he slid a tiny bit higher to tap her clitoris.
Gasping, a wave of sensation rolled through her body, and she jerked her hips, seeking more. He rubbed her clit, round and round in tiny circles. She tensed her thighs, the tingles of an impending orgasm blossoming. He stopped, kneeling back to peel her jeans off. As he stood to remove his own clothes, she contemplated his body. Her breath caught in awe every time. At twenty-two, he was in his prime—big, muscular, and strong. Her fingers itched to trace the contours of his hard stomach.
Her gaze travelled lower. He threw his clothing aside and put a condom over his straining erection. His hands shook.

You’d think this was their first time.
Straddling her hips, he sank to his knees. Lowering to settle his body over hers, he supported his weight on his forearms. At the moment of impact, skin to skin, a tremor rolled through her. The hair on his legs tickled. He pressed the warmth of his chest against her breasts. The hard length of his cock rested hot and heavy against her sex. She quivered. In his arms, she was complete.
His eyes glowed with passion. He placed soft kisses on the side of her neck, her collarbone, and the tip of each breast, sliding his body lower, making his way down her stomach to her belly button. He dipped his tongue in and swirled it around. A sensual shiver danced over her skin.
Grasping her hips in both hands, he continued his journey. He shimmied until his shoulders were wedged tight between her thighs. Then he stopped. Hot little puffs of air tickled her exposed flesh. She glanced down her body. Tanner lay there, staring at her intimate parts. She remembered the embarrassment she’d felt the first time he’d gone down on her. It hadn’t taken long before it turned to exquisite torture and then mind-numbing bliss, something she anticipated each time they made love.
She heard him exhale as he placed the lightest of kisses on her clit, a butterfly touch at first, barely there. Tease. He applied the smallest amount of pressure, and she groaned. He swiped his tongue down through her slit, and back up, capturing the cream that flowed free.
“God, you taste good.”
She couldn’t resist. “You work in the restaurant business, and the only word you can come up with to describe taste is good? Not very impressive.”


4 comments:

  1. Hey, Anne!

    Just here to support my sister Diva! But I love the excerpt... Oh! I'm a HUGE Nickleback fan, just another wonderful thing we have in common.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne!! Great interview. Great excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Anne,

    Enjoyed the interview!

    I love storms too, the more thunder and lightning the better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! And thanks Elyzabeth for having me today! Now I have to get back to finishing my menage!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.