Sunday, April 6, 2014

#8Sunday #SexySnippets #WeekendWritingWarriors: Jace III

It's Sunday again! Can you believe it? 

I've been a bit of a nerve-wreck these past few days with a few job interviews, but, I've managed to keep adding to Jace's story. Things are starting to grow dark as he ventures into town and comes face to face with an unpleasant surprise. In this snippet he´s just shown his sister's picture to an elderly couple in a bar.

This is totally unedited, still untitled and still in its baby stages. As always, thank you for taking the time to stop by, share and leave a comment. It makes my day to read your feedback! 

XOXO,

Elyzabeth

*creative editing to keep to the guidelines has most definitely taken place*
#SexySnippets and #8Sunday Sentences  
  



“Just answer my questions and I’ll go my own way.”

“We-we can’t, we’re not supposed to talk about it,” the woman’s voice was barely a whisper. Her eyes slid to the side and that’s when Jace noticed them. Two large men stood in the doorway. They were equally dressed in trim black suits and dark glasses. Who wore sunglasses at this hour? A slithering of fear raced down his back as an answer formed in his mind.

“I really don’t have time for this,” Jace muttered from under his breath.

More Weekend Writing Warriors? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter
More Sexy Snippets? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

24 comments:

  1. An intriguing snippet. I want to find out what's happening here. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elyzabeth! This took us right into action...intriguing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tension and suspense. Write quicker.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my. I'm fearing for his sister, and him I have to say! I'm with, Kiru. Write faster, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks Doris! And like I told Kiru, I'm trying! ;-)

      Delete
  5. Sinister and exciting. I want to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those two men look scary. Men who wear sunglasses at that time means they're definitely trouble. This snippet had me intrigued and tingling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes...this is scary and has my heart racing. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trouble and you've painted it with a capital T. What happens next is always the question we writers want every reader to ask. And you've done just that.
    Hope you get the job you most want.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, very cool snippet, raises lots of questions, with a hint of menace! Best wishes on the job interviews, never a fun process.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ominous scene. I'm wondering what Jace is going to do now.
    Kudos to you for continuing to write, even though you've been a nerve-wreck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have me curious to find out what happens next. Great snip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic, Elyzabeth. I really wanted to keep reading! Good descriptions. Vivid! The eyes sliding to the side, talking in a whisper. You nailed it!

    Good luck on the job interviews! Fingers crossed for you :-)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.