Monday, December 29, 2014

A Real Neat Blog Award


About two weeks ago, a lovely author gracefully bestowed upon me the Real Neat Blog Award. Who was this woman of great wisdom? The very talented Antonia Van Zandt. If you have not visited her blog, I urge you to do so immediately. You can click HERE for that.

Now onto the rules:

1. Put the award logo on your blog. 
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)



QUESTION 1 Where do most visits to your blog come from?

According to the blogger stats, most of my visits come from the USA.

QUESTION 2 What is your favourite sport?

Errrr...  Favorite what? Does watching wrestling on TV count as a sport?
 

QUESTION 3 What has been a special moment for you in 2014?

2014 has been a year of ups and downs but also a year of big decisions. It was scary. I had to ask for help, but I made some changes in my life and I've learned more about myself. Writing wise it has been a slow year. But, and it's a BIG BUT *grin* I finally finished my 2013 Nanowrimo and it got accepted for publication. A Tempest of Passion has a tentative release date for February with Evernight Publishing. Furthermore, another story I wrote last year found a home. My reindeer shifters from Out of the Ordinary found a home with Fireborn Publishing and have just seen the light. 


When twenty-two year old Dolph arrives in Christmas town, he only intends to stay for a few days, especially with his secret in tow. However, when Bill and his herd turn up for the contest that will choose Santa's next sled pullers, he can't bring himself to leave. With his heart hanging on a line and his feelings for Bill evolving swiftly, Dolph will have to decide if he wants to join the herd or continue his life as a solitary shifter. 

At first sight, Bill's herd meets societal convention, but on closer inspection, the team of eight doesn't exactly follow the rules. When Bill meets Dolph and his body and soul react to him in ways that are out of the ordinary, he knows that he must have him in his life. With the help of his herd, a plan comes to life, yet, with only three days before Christmas Eve, will they be able to convince the younger shifter to stay with them forever?
Available at Fireborn Publishing

QUESTION 4  What is your favourite quote?

One of my favorite quotes is from Raymond E. Feist's novel, Magician. It comes from one of my favorite scenes in the book in which Pug decides that enough is enough. 

"Tremble & Despair for I am Power"





QUESTION FIVE. What was your favourite class when still at school?

English was always my favorite class. I liked keepig creative journals and reading. 

QUESTION SIX. Anything you wished to have learned earlier?

It's still a work in progress, but I think I could have done with some more confidence in myself. 

QUESTION SEVEN What musical instrument have you tried to play?

The piano and the guitar. I even took lessons but for various reasons I quit both times.  

I nominate:

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elyzabeth! My dad currently believes watching sports is a sport. You're in, lol. Congrats on the contracts! That's awesome. Confidence, bugger, I haven't figured that one out yet. :) Thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like 2014 has been a busy year for you Elyzabeth. All the best for 2015!

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.