Monday, September 17, 2012

T n'T's Confidential: L.M. Brown


Hey everyone! Welcome to a new installment of T n'T's Confidential! Today we've got fabulous author L.M. Brown visiting! She's here to tell us all about her new male-male fairy tale romance Let Down Your Hair. Read on and enjoy!


Being Yourself

Hello everyone, and thank you to Elyzabeth for letting me visit here today.

My latest story Let Down Your Hair is a male/male fairy tale romance with a lot of humour and is one of my more light-hearted stories.  However, that isn’t to say there isn’t a more serious side to the story.

One of the heroes of my story is Robert.  He is a man who is pretty comfortable with who he is and has no hesitation in speaking his mind.  He says what he wants and wears what he pleases, including women’s clothes.  Robert isn’t the first character in fiction to dress in clothes that are traditionally worn by the opposite gender, though you’ll find cross-dressers in fairy tales are few and far between. 

With delicate features, long blond hair and a habit of occasionally wearing women’s clothes, Robert is often mistaken for a female.  He is, however, very much a man and like everyone else he wants to be loved for himself.

That is easier said than done though, and while there are no evil witches or fire-breathing dragons for Prince Aiden and Robert to take on, they do have obstacles to overcome before they can be together.  They soon discover that pride and fear can be just as hard to battle as a physical enemy. 

While Robert’s cross-dressing is a large part of the story, in the end, it isn’t about the clothes; it’s about choices and having both the freedom and the courage to be yourself.

Blurb

In a world where fairy stories are historical fact, Prince Aiden is on a quest to find a princess to rescue and bring home as his bride. Deep in the Enchanted Forest he finds Robert, a cross-dressing painter who lives alone in his tower. Mistaking him for a woman, Prince Aiden is determined to have Robert as his bride.

When the prince of his dreams shows up at Robert's tower he is far from happy, especially when the handsome prince refuses to believe he is a man. Can he convince Prince Aiden to love him as the man he is, or is their happily ever after doomed from the start?

Excerpt

Robert sat up so they were on eye level once more. "I never said my true love was a woman," he whispered before leaning forward and brushing his lips across Aiden's. Aiden sat there as still as a statue, while Robert contemplated when exactly he had lost his bloody mind.

When it was clear Aiden was not responding to his kiss at all, Robert pulled away and threw himself backward onto the mattress.

"What was that?" Aiden asked.

"I believe it's called a kiss."

"There's no need for sarcasm. Why did you kiss me?"

"A wife has the right to kiss her husband if she wants," Robert snapped. "Since you insist I play the part, I figured I can kiss you if I want to."

"But why would you want to?"

Robert snorted humourlessly. "Damned if I know."

Aiden settled back down beside him. "Have you ever done that before? Kissed another man, I mean."

"No."

"Do you like me?"

"Would I have kissed you if I didn't?"

"So you do like me?"

"I suppose so."

"It's only natural, I guess. Everyone is waiting for the handsome prince to come rescue them from their dreary lives."

"My life wasn't dreary."

Aiden turned his head to wink at Robert. "I notice you didn't question my handsomeness."

Robert threw a pillow at Aiden and turned his back on him. It was going to be a very long night. His cock, wide awake and raring to go, reminded him it was going to be another uncomfortable night as well.


Available from Silver Publishing

Where to find L.M. Brown


2 comments:

  1. Just a quick visit to say thank you for letting me blog with you. Sorry I couldn't get anyone to come by and chat. I pretty much suck at reeling in readers to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you for visiting, L.M. And don't worry about reeling in readers to visit! There were visitors according to Blogger, they just didn't leave any comments ;-)

      Delete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.