Sunday, May 5, 2019

The man you don't want to see. ~ Weekend Writing Warriors on Alpha Protectors 4 #paranormalromance #fantasy

Happy Sunday, everyone!
I'm back! I forgot to sign up last week, but in my defense I was busy writing Alpha Protector's 4 :-D I'm happy to say, I typed The End, yesterday. Now, to do a final read through and send to betas before submitting. *gulp*

Closely related to this story, is the concert I went to last night: VNV Nation. They played two of the songs which have helped me draw out the muse and the feeling of listening to the songs live just brought me back to the story. <3 *I've embedded one of them at the bottom of the post*

I"m continuing today's snippet a little further from where I dropped off. Two weeks ago, Prudence had just told Killian they couldn't be together. Today he's questioning why she requested him to be her protector if she hardly even wants to see him. Major editing has taken place to stick to the guidelines.

Enjoy!

XoXo,
Ely
*Some creative punctuation has taken place to adjust to guidelines 




 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
  {...} "Why put yourself in this position when you don’t want to see me?”
She sighed.
“I told you, you’re the best in your line and this is business. We can act like—“
“Bullshit” he growled, the sound sending a bolt of lightening to her pussy. She closed her eyes.
"You could have requested anyone to protect you but you chose me. Killian. The man you don’t want to see.”  She couldn’t keep the truth from him, not when he was going to protect her out there, not when she’d have to spend 48 hours at his side.

“Because I feel safe when I’m with you.”

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 




More Weekend Writing Warriors? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter


More Sexy Snippets? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

9 comments:

  1. Outstanding snippet. You brought me right into the room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safe in some ways, but seems rather dangerous in other ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always want the best guy available for protection, but then there are other things you may need to be protected from as well--like your heart. Difficult choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And the truth comes out...enjoyed the snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good dialogue. I suspect she won't be quite as 'safe' with him as she might wish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love VNV!!! I'm happy you saw them live, they are so good!

    And great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo they are gonna have some steamy moments aren't they? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on writing "The End." Always a great feeling. Good snippet this week. Is she really safe? I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Safe and I'm sure other things, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.