Saturday, May 16, 2020

Weekend Writing Warriors from A Tempest of Passion #shifters #regencyromance

Happy Sunday, everyone!

I'm sharing yet another snippet from A Tempest of Passion as I'm not ready to share any from my current WIP just yet.

I'm continuing in the same scene. Emily is non too pleased William is there, but things could change... What can I say, I'm a sucker for a beautiful smile :)

Enjoy! 
Elyzabeth




     

~~~~~~

Abruptly, he turned away, a small smile playing on his lips as if he knew something she ignored.
 Emily shifted in her seat, searching for words to dismiss the unpleasant man. 
“Your parents…?” he asked.
“Have gone for a walk,” she responded mechanically. “It is their routine at this hour. I shall tell them you have called.”
“Please do. Though, it is you I have come to see. After I found you unconscious on the terrace and brought you back inside, I lost sight of you and wanted to see how you were faring.” 

He smiled at her, a brilliant, earnest smile that had her taking back her thoughts on his appearance.

 ~~~~~~
 
Read more awesome Weekend Writing Warriors snippets at www.wewriwa.com 

Elyzabeth 's Dreamers
Private group · 59 members
Join Group
Author Elyzabeth M. Valey's virtual home. I write erotic romance in different genres, from paranormal to dark romance, contemporary, fantasy, or hi...

A Tempest of Passion

Emily Bunsbury is most definitely not a fainter. She prefers to leave that sort of shenanigans to young debutants and to those desperate to land a husband. She is neither.

Except last night she passed out and was rescued by none other than the town’s most eligible bachelor: William Dalton. Of course, she wants nothing to do with him, but her heart and body don’t seem to be in agreement…
Banished from his pack for a crime he did not commit, William Dalton does not have the desire or the time to court women, yet, when he meets Emily Bunsbury he is incapable of staying away. Certain that it is nothing more than a passing fancy and not the mating pull, he pursues her.
However, as the unknown threat that expelled him from his pack strikes again, William realizes that Emily means much more and he must keep her safe. Now, if only she’d agree to his terms…
As danger grows with each passing day, will the couple learn to trust each other or will their love be nothing more than a temporary tempest of passion?
Available at: Evernight Publishing ~~ Bookstrand ~~ Amazon.com ~~ Amazon.uk

7 comments:

  1. She doesn't seem as upset about him being there now as she did when he first arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has no idea at this point how she feels about him, does she?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A devilish smile if ever there was one! She's a goner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice characterization. I'm hooked.

    I went to Amazon to buy it--and see that I already bought it last week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. All kinds of intriguing threads here - great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She doesn't stand much of a chance after that! I enjoyed this one a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A killer smile will get to you every time. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.