Saturday, April 20, 2019

We can't be together~ #weekendwritingwarriors from Alpha Protectors 4 #paranormal #romance #alphaprotectors

Happy Sunday, everyone!
 
And for anyone who celebrates Easter: Happy Easter!
 
  I'm still working on Alpha Protectors 4, so you guys are getting another snippet from it. Thanks for your feedback on last week's snippet, I've edited it.  Today, I'm going to go back a bit so you can catch a glimpse of the relationship between Killian and Prudence. 
 
Enjoy! 
XoXo,
Ely
*Some creative punctuation has taken place to adjust to guidelines 




 ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
“I just wanted to make it clear that this is strictly business.”
“Yet, you requested me for the mission.”
“What?” she squealed.
“Aslan told me.”
“That’s not how it happened. It has nothing to do with us, I would have requested another but—”
“But, Pru?”
Her head pounded and she didn’t reply, trying to find a way to get out of the mess she had created. She could almost taste the savory sweetness of hope, stretching between them like an invisible lasso binding them together.
“Killian, you know we can’t be together,” she whispered at length.

  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 



More Weekend Writing Warriors? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter

More Sexy Snippets? Click Here  || Follow them on Facebook and Twitter
 

7 comments:

  1. Definitely lots of tension between them. Nice snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Outstanding snippet. Looking forward toward next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Savory sweetness of hope" - I loved it! Really a terrific snippet and I can't wait for more...

    ReplyDelete
  4. She says "you know we can't be together," but you can feel that they can. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bet if she agrees to try it they can work together. You can just feel it. Great snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She expects him to realize they can't be together, yet I'm no convinced she truly believes it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So bittersweet. You set up a great conflict. I want to read more.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.