Tuesday, December 2, 2008

About the Twilight Series...

I’m writing this and I’m thinking that it might sound like a jealous rant, but not really…I haven’t read the series, unfortunately. I live in Spain and English copies of books are hard to come by, not to mention expensive, and my financial situation is not exactly at its best moment. I look forward to reading the books, for I have heard from more than one person that they easily capture you and I love that in a book, I love sitting down and getting obsessed with a series, feeling the up and downs of characters, seeing their experience through my eyes…imagination is a powerful thing.

However, not all I have heard from these books are good: I have heard that the books are written in childish fashion, that they are nothing but a mere “easy read”, and they’re no big deal. There’s nothing bad with that, I mean, the easier it is to read, the larger audience it will get too…

Anyhow, thing is, to be an author sometimes you don’t need to be good (this has nothing to do with Ms. Meyer, I have not read her books and can not judge them), you just need to have loads, loads, loads, loads of luck.

Lady Luck, why have you forsaken me?

Ps: I don’t intend to watch the movie until I read the books, whenever that is, and I don’t like the main vampire guy…he just doesn’t appeal to me. Vampires need to look like this:

or like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments! Don't be shy and tell me your thoughts.