I'm still fighting off those exams, but I just had to get a little writing done and stop by to say hello to you all.
This morning I was cleaning the house accompanied with some music and I got to thinking about voices. People's appearances are important but so are voices. I remember this one time on the subway a really cute boy got on the same train I was riding on. He was quite a sight! But then, all the illusion wore off as soon as he opened his mouth to speak. What a disappointment. His voice was horrible! High pitched and squeaky it totally ruined the effect of his good looks.
Just like some voices are a turn off some voices are a total turn on. They're the sort of voice that reverberate through your body. The sort of voice that whispered in your ear makes your hair stand on end and causes a shiver to run down your spine. The kind of voice that reaches into your core and makes desire unfurl.
Of course, each person has his own preference...I think I go more for the deep, sultry, husky, velvety...
Anyhow, as I swept away the dust I thought about a few singers which have that voice...the sort of voice that makes you shudder with anticipation.This is my selection.
How about yours? What sort of voice turns you on?
1. Ville Valo from HIM. What a voice, that deep timbre.., it makes goosebumps rise on my skin. All HIM song's are great, but this one is a keeper, it is a song to make love to all night long.
2. Jape VonCrow from To Die For. I don't know what it is about this man's voice that it just turns me on. I think it might be the accent behind it...I'm not sure, it just happens.
3. Peter Steele from Type O Negative. Unfortunately, Peter passed away last year. He was a great musician and will be sorely missed, but his music is still there and his voice is just primeval.
*I wanted to post this other video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sMALbhJU6M but embedding is not allowed. I suggest you check it out if you have a chance ;-)
4. Ville Laihiala from Poisonblack (ex Sentenced). I wanted you guys to hear a beautiful song he sings with Negative singer, Jonne Aaron, but I can't find it on YouTube. Nonetheless, what I love from this Ville is that husky quality his voice has.
5. Originally as number 5 I was going to post JP from Charon and this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNkQvxPsBlo but embedding is once again disabled, so I'm posting this one from Beseech, sung by Erik Molarin. Not only is his voice a turn on, but listen carefully to the song...and the way he rolls those 'r's in Erotica...yummy!